Today, the most valuable assets we can have are our digital documents. Since everything has gone digital today, most of our documents are saved online. It has become very easy to get access to anyone's documents as they can be shared easily on any platform. Therefore, safeguarding sensitive information is crucial. The most effective way to ensure that your PDF documents are protected is by implementing password protection and encryption. With Adobe, you can do so in a few simple steps. Check how to set up a PDF security password.
1- Open your PDF file in Adobe Acrobat. If you don't have it installed, download and install the latest version.
2. You can choose either File > Protect Using Password or Tools > Protect > Protect Using Password.
3. Choose whether you want to secure the document only for viewing or to edit the PDF.
4- Create a password that is at least six characters long. The strength indicator will show how robust is your password.
5- Now, Click on Apply and Acrobat will confirm the successful protection of your file with a password.
We are now on WhatsApp. Click to join.
You can also restrict people from editing your PDFs. The restrict editing option will prohibit you users from editing text, moving objects, or adding form fields. However, you can still fill in form fields, sign, or add comments. Follow the steps below to restrict editing:
1. Open the PDF you wish to protect against editing.
2. After opening the PDF, you will get two options, choose either File > Protect Using Password or Tools > Protect > Protect Using Password. A prompt will appear. Click on Yes to modify security settings.
3- Opt for the Editing option to restrict users from modifying text, moving objects, or adding form fields.
4. Type andRead more on tech.hindustantimes.com