PC Gamer recently had a discussion with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas about the early access feature coming with the Epic Edition of The War Within. Ion put emphasis on the restrictions coming with early access, stating their goal is to not provide any long-term advantage.
PC Gamer Interview
Here's a quick summary of the PC Gamer Interview:
- The $90 USD Epic edition of The War Within will offer 3 days of early access to the expansion.
- Blizzard is adding early access to maximize the value of the expansion bundles.
- The base edition of The War Within is the best it's ever been, including the level boost and Dragonflight for the same price.
- A regret about the early access period announcement was not communicating the restrictions of the early access.
- The primary purpose of the early access period is for leveling. Players will be unable to do Mythic 0/Mythic+ dungeons, loot the best items from rares, access weekly profession cooldowns and profession specialization points.
- The overall goal of the early access period is to not provide a long-term advantage. By the time Season One begins, players should not be able to tell who had early access and who did not.
- Blizzard added early access to help players with less time, who might fall behind during the initial launch week of an expansion and miss out on dungeons with their friends.
Read more on wowhead.com